The composition of this food contains a lot of vitamin C, potassium and other vitamins in smaller quantities. People need to know that it has no weight loss properties, but it has fewer calories than any sugary soft drink, so if we replace soft drinks with lemon water, we will reduce calories every day.
It is true that lemon contains pectin, a fiber that contributes to increased satiety and less consumption, but this only works if you eat a whole lemon, because when you squeeze it you remove the fiber.
Some people believe that lamaina changes the pH of the blood. This statement is false, because it does not change the pH of the blood and does not alkalize the blood. The pH of the blood is stable, if it were so easy to change, we would have serious health problems. The body has a homeostasis system that regulates the pH itself, no matter what we eat or drink.
As I said earlier, lemon is characterized by the fact that it has ascorbic acid (vitamin C), therefore, it is an acidic food and acidic foods can not alkalize the body.
In addition to the above information, people also need to know that it does not detoxify the body. The organs that deal with such a thing are the kidneys and the liver, if they do not work properly there is no water with lemon that is worth it, for this it is better to lead a lifestyle that does not generate toxins.
If you take care of yourself by eating healthy, avoiding toxins such as alcohol and tobacco, and exercising regularly, your liver and kidneys will continue to purify your body. What is important is to drink plenty of water to hydrate ourselves, either with or without lemon.
In this article I will tell you some truths and some lies about lemon water. These are:
- If you are one of the people who suffer from heartburn, or gastric ulcer, I recommend you avoid this product, because it is an acidic one. If you consume it, it will accentuate this condition.
- On the other hand, there are people who, drinking lemon water, think they are already drinking a piece of fruit and this is not the case because they only squeeze the juice and leave all the pulp which is the one with fiber, vitamins and antioxidants.
- Few people know that lemon affects the teeth, causing them to turn yellow over time. Years ago, lemon was used as a home remedy for removing stains and bleaching, but precisely because of this erosive effect.
- One of the good things we can say is that it is a diuretic, but not only because it has lemon, but because it ingests a lot of water, which makes you urinate more and so your body is purified.
- And lastly, it improves constipation, but only because the water is usually taken warm or hot, which, in contact with the stomach, causes it to start working and the colon to move.