These wounds are located in a delicate area and appear when you start breastfeeding your baby. Some women give up breastfeeding because they become very painful.
In this article, I will recommend some remedies for cracking the nipples. These are:
- The first remedy is to wash the entire area before and after settling and dry well with a clean, sterilized gauze, if possible.
- The second remedy is to try to get enough air in the area and use appropriate bras, as they will be very useful.
- You can use some of the creams that are sold in pharmacies or para-pharmacy for cracking nipples, considering that some formulations are not environmentally friendly and can affect the baby. If you choose this option, make sure you wash the area well before breastfeeding.
- Another remedy is herbal. It is great for cracks at the end is the calendula, soothing and soothing also for your baby’s skin. If you opt for this remedy, you can buy it fresh or dried in the medicine. In this case, heat the oil (it is very important not to boil) along with the flowers for about ten minutes over low heat, mixing well. After it has cooled, strain the mixture and keep the liquid you can mix with the beeswax. Always remove the ointment before breastfeeding.
In addition to the above remedies, you can try other remedies for cracked nipples. These are:
- The first tip would be based on the following oils: olive, almond or coconut. The oil should be warm and applied with gentle circular motions.
- For the next tip, I recommend you prepare a chamomile infusion and when it is hot, apply with a cotton ball on the affected area. It should not be rinsed or dried.
- And last but not least, aloe vera is also a very good remedy for this problem. Apply a little gel from an aloe leaf on the nipple and let it dry.