Therapies to combat depression are:
- Homeopathy. Today there are many constitutional remedies. These are Natrum Muriaticum, Ignatia, Lycopodium, Sepia, etc. Besides constitutional remedies, there are also symptomatic ones: sometimes Aurum metallum works, sometimes Gray Amber, Anacardium, Lithium, etc.
- The role of these remedies is to help us overcome any type of depression. They must be prescribed by a homeopath.
- Acupuncture. The specialists have shown that it has great effectiveness in treating the existing types of depression.
- Hydrotherapy. Although very few people enjoy the cold water shower, it has many advantages. You start with a hot water shower, but before you finish a few seconds rinse completely with cold water throughout the body, you will leave the house in a different state. Its role is to stimulate hormones that prevent depression and a natural injection of energy and courage.
- Phosphenism: is a technique that involves performing a series of exercises with a light-emitting lamp. It is a natural remedy to treat all kinds of mental symptoms such as depression, stress, insomnia, anxiety, fear, and nervousness. And it has no adverse effect.
Natural remedies for depression with medicinal herbs are the following:
- St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum). It is used in mild to moderate depression. It has fewer side effects than antidepressants. In order to make its effect, it should be consumed between 5-6 weeks. Before following this advice, I recommend that you consult your therapist. Dosage: 300 mg of extract 3 times daily. In extreme cases, it can be used in combination with 5HTP.
- Saffron (Crocus satvius). The standardized extract seems to act similar to Prozac. In this treatment, you have to be very careful in the doses you take. Consultation with a therapist is very important to determine your dosage.
- Ginkgo (Ginkgo grandson). This is one of the most widely used remedies for depression. 40 – 80 mg three times daily in standardized extract helps people over 50 years of age with depression by increasing serotonin receptors. It increases the risk of bleeding, do not combine it with warfarin, aspirin etc.
- Kava (Piper methysticum). It is recommended by therapists in states of depression combined with anxiety. Recommended dose: 45-75 mg standard kavalactone extract 3 times daily.