Lymphatic drainage is a very gentle massage technique, which interacts very little with the internal muscle tissues. Due to its very slow, rhythmic, and sensitive passages, people will feel an effect of relaxation and placidity. That is why this technique allows for deep muscle relaxation.
Lymphatic drainage aims at 2 functions, one is to empty and the other to mobilize the lymphatic system, facilitating the elimination of toxins from the body.
The lymphatic system has the function in the body to eliminate toxins from the body, both those created by our own body through digestion or others and those caused by external problems such as infections, diseases, tobacco, alcohol, etc.
The lymphatic system functions as a much simpler and more rudimentary circulatory system than that of the blood, but in the same way, it reaches all parts of the body. The fluid that carries and has the function of purification is called lymph.
The health benefits of lymphatic drainage are:
- Everyone knows that it is very relaxing and produces an anti-stress feeling.
- Reduces muscle tension problems
- Due to its slow passages, it will relieve the discomfort of fibromyalgia
- Improving circulation, thus alleviating tired legs and varicose veins is one of the many benefits of lymphatic drainage.
- Decreases pregnancy edema.
- In addition to all these benefits, it also has the role of relieving migraines, headaches, and vertigo due to edema of the nervous system.
- Accelerates the elimination of edema or postoperative trauma, very interesting for the recovery of sports injuries.
- It also relieves the following respiratory diseases: rhinitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, etc.
- Aligns lymphatic edema, such as that of the arm after a chest excision, which also involves removing the lymph node from the armpit.
- This technique is also recommended for the elderly who suffer from arthritis, osteoarthritis, and diseases of the soft tissues of the joints.
- Tones the immune system.
The benefits of lymphatic drainage in aesthetics and body styling are:
- It helps to eliminate toxins from the body, these being those produced by acne, attenuating it, or contributing to its elimination.
- Helps eliminate fluid retention, so remove bags under the eyes
- Removing excess fluid by retention improves the line as if in some cases a few kg are lost. eyes, do not lose weight as some promise, but only improve the line for what is said.
- I think most people know that this technique is very good to apply to get rid of cellulite
- Prevents stretch marks due to pregnancy.
- And last but not least, it improves the image of scars after surgery.