Experts in the field say that they are very good for the body because they do not have additives and the ingredients we will use to prepare energy bars are loaded with beneficial properties.
In this article I will tell you some of their properties. These are:
- First of all the oats. It has in its composition antioxidants, which have the role of regulating blood pressure, and has an anti-inflammatory effect, in addition, it contains vitamins and minerals essential for athletes.
- Peanuts. They have in their composition many nutrients, which have the role of maintaining good cardiovascular health, because they have vitamin A which helps skin health and visual problems, are a good source of calcium, have B vitamins for the functioning of the nervous system, helps to control bad cholesterol and also have magnesium for good muscle condition avoiding fatigue and cramps that can occur during exercise.
- Banana is a fruit that contains simple sugars – glucose, dextrose and sucrose – which is converted into immediate energy. That is why it is highly recommended to regain energy between meals or during exercise.
- A very good fruit for people’s health is apple, because in its composition there are many vitamins and minerals that help replace water lost through sweating with sports, it also helps lower cholesterol and lower blood sugar.
- Egg whites contain a large amount of B vitamins and a variety of essential minerals such as phosphorus and iron.
- Raisins are rich in fiber and tartaric acid, substances that contribute to colon health, in addition to providing energy, they are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Ingredients for energy bars are as follows:
- First of all you need a banana
- Then ¼ apple
- 100 g rolled oats.
- 30 g unroasted hazelnuts.
- 40g raisins (can be combined with dried blueberries).
- And last but not least 3 egg whites
Once you have these ingredients above, you can prepare it like this:
- First, you need to start by peeling the banana, and crush it in a bowl with a fork and, optionally, add a cinnamon tip (optional).
- After you have done this, you need to clean and cut the apple, hazelnuts and raisins into very small pieces and add it to the bowl in which we have the banana.
- Add the oatmeal and the 3 egg whites to the bowl and mix well.
- When everything is well mixed, place in a baking dish or baking tray covered with baking paper and spread well on the entire tray.
- After all this, you have to put it in the oven for 30 minutes (at about 180 ºC)
- After these minutes, we take it out of the oven and taking care not to burn it, we turn it so that the bottom is fried. Leave in the oven for another 15 minutes and remove after that time
- Let it cool, cut it into bars and enjoy!