People who suffer from these serious diseases find it very difficult to assimilate these ideas. Those who have gone through the “shock” stage will begin to understand what is happening to them. Nowadays, not everything that happens is bad news, because due to advances in medicine, there are more and more cancer treatments that will help you win the battle.
Now, you need to rely heavily on your doctor and his team to determine which of the cancer treatment options is best suited to the type of cancer you have and the stage it is at. And if in doubt, you can always ask for a second opinion.
People need to consider the following goals they need to put in place if they have cancer. These are:
- Primary treatment. Its role is to kill cancer cells in the human body. Surgery is the most common problem.
- Complementary treatment. This type of treatment is the main reason for the elimination of any cancer cells left in the body after the first (primary) treatment. This treatment includes the following: chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and hormone therapy.
- Palliative treatment. Its role is to help people cope with the symptoms, discomfort, and pain caused by cancer so that you have a better quality of life during treatment to eliminate it. This treatment can alleviate the side effects of primary and complementary treatments.
The main cancer treatments that your doctor will talk about are the following:
- Surgery. This procedure has the role of removing the affected areas from the human body.
- Chemotherapy. I believe that most people have heard of this procedure which is administered in different ways, sometimes intravenously. Their role is to kill cancer cells (to cure), sometimes to reduce the size of the tumor before surgery, sometimes in preparation for another treatment or to eliminate the symptoms of cancer (when used palliative, for example, to remove pain). ).
- Radiotherapy. Although very often, the name of this procedure scares people very badly, this treatment uses X-rays to kill the cells affected by cancer. Machines that emit highly concentrated X-rays are generally used and are applied outside the patient’s body. Like chemotherapy, the treatment can be used as a medicine, before or after surgery or other treatment, or as a palliative (to eliminate a symptom).
- Hormone therapy. Certain types of cancer occur due to hormones. These are prostate cancer and breast cancer. This therapy can help block or alter cancer cells.
Today there are other methods to treat cancer. One of them is bone marrow transplantation. Your doctor will tell you what your options are. Sometimes combinations are given. Today many types of cancer can be cured, and others have become chronic diseases. It doesn’t have to be a fatal diagnosis.
In conclusion, don’t forget to be positive, because your attitude towards the disease matters a lot to achieve your success and recovery.