Broccoli is the vegetable that is closely related to cauliflower, turnips, and cabbage and comes from the Mediterranean area. It is food consumed very much in Italy from the Roman era, having in its composition a high antioxidant power. Due to its aroma and benefits, it should not be lacking in your familiar preparations, as it offers us a cocktail of vitamins and minerals essential to our health care.
Due to its rich in sulfur nutrients, broccoli has an intense aroma and aroma.
Broccoli has the following properties:
- Due to its zinc contribution, men will benefit from better functioning of the prostate and sperm quality.
- people suffering from macular degeneration should consume broccoli very often because it is very rich in lutein
- ideal for people who need a high contribution of folic acid and iron (pregnant, convalescent, anemic, etc.)
- this plant should also be consumed by menopausal women, because, like soy, it acts as a phytoestrogen, while providing calcium
- Besides all the above benefits, broccoli is also recommended in cases of constipation, due to its good fiber intake
- very convenient for people who need vitamin K (prevents bleeding)
- the good condition of the skin and mucous membranes can also be due to the consumption of broccoli, because it has in its composition antioxidants such as beta-carotene, selenium, sodium (superoxide dismutase), vitamin C and zinc. It has a good antioxidant or anti-aging effect on the skin.
- its contribution to substances such as indole, sulfarano and phenetisisothiocyanate, the fact that it seems to protect us from benzopyrene (carcinogenic substance present in cigarettes, car smoke, etc.) and its richness in antioxidants such as beta-carotene, vitamin C, selenium, sodium dismutase or superoxide and zinc make it a key food in the fight against cancer and Helicobacter Pilori bacteria. It could also promote the action of enzymes responsible for the elimination of carcinogens.
- besides all the above properties, broccoli is recommended to be used in lean diets, because it feeds and does not get fat, because it is very low in calories.